2020 brought the world many new challenges, but there is no challenge that the marketing world can’t conquer. The advancements of marketing automation software have helped to streamline the marketing process to accomplish one main business goal.
New Client/Customer Acquisition – Using strategic email, retargeting-ads, social media, blogs and SMS.
With COVID-19 keeping us confined to our homes for a significant amount of time, having an online presence is more important now than it has ever been.
Although this may seem obvious, it is important to note that as the demand for an online presence increases, so does the online competition. With so many online sources available for information, it is crucial for your business to find a way to stand out from the crowd.
It is important for your target audience to be able to distinguish your brand from anyone else’s. You may start to ask yourself “How do I distinguish my brand online with so much competition?” The answer is to stay innovative!
Staying innovative during these unprecedented times will allow you to crush your online competition. To help with your transition, we have put together a list of 5 Marketing Techniques that have helped our agency clients excel. We are sharing to help elevate your business to the next level.
1. Maintain a Marketing Mindset. Understand all aspects of the market.
- Know the who, where, and when about your customers. Maximize your understanding of your target audience. This will help you determine where to allocate marketing resources.
- Have a business plan. It is no longer okay to take a gunshot approach, seeking shiny objects. Make goals & follow through with them.
- Attach key performance indicators (KPI’s) to measure success and review data often.
2. Connect with your Target Audience by remembering the 4P’s.
- Placement – Where can your product be found?
- Product – Share value, benefits, and features with your target audience. Have a well-defined value proposition to attractive clients/customers.
- Price – What are the total costs? Are costs competitive? Are you leaving money on the table or losing opportunities money? Are you upselling services?
- Promotion – Where are your service/products available? Maximize your digital presence with website links – URL’s and online advertisements. Confirm links and check spelling (this can turn off a prospect – avoid 404 error pages). Find industry affiliates and that offer complimentary products/services.
3. Focus on Digital Marketing. This is crucial. Focus. Focus. Focus.
Digital Marketing is the new normal and all aspects of your marketing should embrace this concept. Having a digital focus on your business will allow you to gain enormous business exposure online. This type of marketing includes webinars, online events, customer reviews, automated email marketing, and text marketing, which are easy to implement into your business. Since we are spending more time indoors, to gain business, especially new business, we have to consider online surfing/browsing both mobile and desktop.
4. Social Media Marketing.
Social Media Marketing is a great way to explore new business. By sharing value with your niche market, you are able to build trust and share value over time. With so many people using so many different social media outlets for different purposes, a deep dive into your target audience will be required. Social media is by far the cheapest and simplest platform to connect with your audiences. BONUS: Include: Facebook Groups, Live Streams, User Generated Content, Instagram Reels, and Tik Tok.
Bonus Social Media Tips: Consider Having a Presence
Google + Business Page
Cleaning and Restoration Industry: Consider GuildQuality, Yelp, YouTube, HomeAdvisor, Angi, and Porch.
5. Be Creative with your Online Presence.
Remember, you want your brand to stand out from the rest. Having a unique and consistent graphic design or interesting website layout is a great way to capture the attention of your audience.
Advanced Marketing Pro-Tip!
Take a multi-channel approach to your digital marketing strategy with a focus on mobile marketing. Since 79% of smartphone users make purchasing decisions using their mobile devices, reaching your target audience here makes sense. Include these important elements to integrate: Webinars, CRM, SEO-focused website, automated email, SMS, and social media for a robust marketing strategy.
Each of these five tips and especially the advanced marketing pro tip are all excellent marketing techniques to elevate your business to the next level. Remember, maintaining an online digital presence is a key point to surviving post COVID-19.