Understanding your target market is important to all businesses B2B and B2C.
To keep your marketing on track and get to the next level, you must build on success stories. Every time your business has success with a marketing campaign, replicate it! Remember the steps you used and try to have the same success.
The most important aspects of this process are to ensure you understand who your target audience is. The more the target audience is identified, the easier it is to target.
B2B Marketing – Marketing of products or services to other businesses and organizations.B2B purchases are based more on logic and sometimes require a lengthy marketing message to maintain engagement.
Most common B2B Marketing
Social Media / LinkedIn
B2C Marketing – Marketing of products and services to individuals for personal use. B2C purchase is based on emotions. Consumers also demand a variety of distribution channels and want you to be direct.
Most common B2C Marketing
Website Landing Pages
Social Media/Instagram/FB Advertising
- Overall for both B2B and B2C, marketing has a focus on the benefits and features of your product/service.
Customers and prospects will always be key to your business health past, present and future growth.By analyzing how your audience changes over the years you are able to understand the position your product/service holds year over year.This will help you determine whether it’s still relevant to continue to target the same audience or identify a new and more profitable target audience.
In the current digital marketing environment, it’s critical to understand how your target audience has purchased and will purchase from your business.
- Highlight your biggest success stories and what caused them.
- Highlight your biggest failures and what caused them.
- Highlight your best performing customers and compare them to your least active customers and get an understanding of the differences.
- Highlight your worst performing customers and determine the cost to keep them and if it makes sense.
- Ensure your sales, marketing and customer service teams are aligned.
- Review your distributors and partners and their position in the market.
- Continually evaluate your website to optimize for SEO of top performing keywords to drive more traffic and maximize sales potential.
- Modify your content marketing strategy by ensuring that the top performing services are included.
- Ensure your communication across all platforms continues to expand with top performing keywords.
Since 95 percent of all business searches start with online research, it is important for your website to speak to the needs of your target audience.Remember the process of marketing involve steps:
Awareness – is the process to get customers to recall or recognize a brand.
Consideration – This is where you want to increase your marketing push. Consumers now recognize your brand and may choice to buy your product/service. This is not a full commitment and marketing should continue to be consistent to sustain their attention.
Conversion – Once a person has awareness and consideration they are a strong lead that is ready to complete your desired goal. Either purchase something or do something.
By posting relevant industry content your prospects and customers will view you as a source to fill their need when the time is right.
Stay on track to ensure you take the proper steps to elevate your business to the next level and download the below Marketing Checklist.